First let me say that this finale set a new bar for the show. It was packed with great scenes and hit all the right plot points to move this story, and what a story. Great job by the cast and crew. Now, some thoughts from the episode..
- The Lady Mormont is a f*cking badass. She brooks no shit and embarrassed the other northern Lords. And she is like 10. If she was 20 she would be eating Cerise’s liver while demanding Dany make sure everyone’s wine glass is full.
- Arya! She made it back to Westeros to start on her list and couldn’t have picked a better beginning. Buh Bye Walder Frey, you decrepit traitorous f*ckwit.
- Ah Tommen… The gloriously inept sh*thead finally makes a command decision.*Note- pretty much acceptable all things considered.
- I’m torn.. We have lost the lovely and charming and *good* Margaery Tyrell. sniff.
But we also now get to see The Lady Olenna – Off. The. Chain.
- Oh yeah.. R+L=J is true. Fire and Ice as foretold.
- Cersei went battle mode and dressed the part. Sharp. She also killed a sept full of people.. Ruthless..aaaaannd maybe a little crazy.
- Those murderous little street urchins! WTF..Although they did help finally rid the world of this douche:
- Seems to be a 4 party war now.. Team Dany – Iron Born + The Dothraki +Dorne + The Tyrells + Tyrion + DRAGONS vs Team Cersei – Uh, house Lannister? + Jaime? + Whatever is left of the Freys. Hmm.. and up North Team Snow – The North + Wildings + The at present useless 3 eyed crow vs The Night King and the endless White Walker hordes + Winter. Seems like one of those teams is pretty stacked.
- No Lady Stoneheart. Boo… I’m still holding out hope..stupidly.
- Bye Melisandre..I wonder where she ends up..
- Winter *finally* came.. There is a Sting joke in there somewhere I think..
So.. in conclusion Season 7 should be really spectacular. And we’re probably gonna see a bit of this guy:
I can’t wait..